What is the Liebster Blog Award?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. I am deeply honoured to be nominated by the absolutely lovely Sal at raspberrydelights
1. When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
2. Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
3. One writes 11 NEW questions directed toward YOUR nominees.
4. One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
5. One pastes the award picture into one’s blog. (You can google the image, there are plenty of them!)
My 11 Random Facts
- I collect more Lego miniatures then I should.
- I have to fold crisp packets into triangles….
- I had a pet cat who was born without a tail.
- I love romantic movies and often cry at the end.
- I do not like chocolate, cakes, ice cream or desserts.
- I have walked up the Austrian and Swiss Alps.
- I hate flying.
- My cure for a hangover is mango juice and a bowl of chilli.
- I love making snow angels.
- I once built and cooked in a Fiji oven, then forgot where I put it.
- I adore cooking for other people.
1. If you could learn any language what would it be?
Hmmm… I have always wanted to learn Japanese, though just being able to do more than pigeon French would be better I think.
2. What is your favorite flavour of ice-cream?
None… I don’t like any ice-cream at all.
3.Who would you choose to pay you in a movie of your life and why?
Oh good heavens, hmmm…Nathan Fillion. I think he is an amazing actor and seems to be a little bit geeky, like myself.
4. Which piece of your work means the most to you?
Enter. It was the first piece I wrote and it pushed me further after receiving so many complements about it.
5. Beer, wine or spirits?
Any…. though usually beer out, and wine and home. I can drink three bottles of White Grenache and still win at Scrabble!
6. What is your favorite pastime/hobby?
Cooking. I really enjoy cooking for myself and especially other people. I love to host a dinner party, though I get really nervous that people will not enjoy my food.
7. Beach or city break?
City break – I can’t relax on a beach, too much sun, sand and distractions😉
8. What is your biggest fear?
Dogs… I have been attacked by them, chased, growled at, bitten and generally left in fear by more dogs then I care to remember.
9. What is your favorite genre of music?
Indie/Rock – Though I do love a bit of funk too.
10. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
It would have to be the graphic novel (comic) Preacher by Garth Ennis & Steve Dillon. It really is the most amazing story I have ever read and the art work is flawless. I would recommend anyone to read this.
11. Who is your greatest inspiration when it comes to writing, why?
My inspiration has come from my feeling for a beautiful and wonderful woman.
- What would you cook for a romantic dinner for a first date?
- Would you want to write full time or are you sticking with writing as a hobby or leisure activity?
- What is the most public place you have had sex?
- Gin or Vodka?
- If you could go back in time, what period of history would you live in?
- Hairy Chests or Smooth Chests?
- Would you go into space if you could?
- Who or what inspires your writing?
- Do you write in the hope of becoming a best selling author, or is it just a need to write?
- Cats or Dogs?
- What is the best part of your body?
Thank you again Sal for the nomination, you really are so very adorable.